This is what I did to optimize my sbi website:
- Do a speed test to identify the areas that need improvement.
- In this current exercise, I notice that some of my image sizes are wrong and re-size them.
- Then I compress them to make sure that their sizes are reduced to the minimum without losing quality. This is done using jpegtrans and pngout for jpg files and png files repectively.
- Using S3 browser, I upload the files into Amazon S3.
- Then I set up Amazon Cloudfront, a CDN, which will shorten the time to load the image-files all over the world, tapping into the files in Amazon S3.
- My score for the website is 65% for Google pagespeed and 74% for YSlow.
- With the change, my Google pagespeed increased to 73% but YSlow remain at 74%. This is a worthy change.